Bruce W. Bernard
Bruce Bernard, born 1951, is a lifelong resident of Erie, Pennsylvania.
He knows the area and its people well and is a well-respected member of the community. Graduating first in his class at Academy, he went on to become an Undergraduate Scholar at Case Western Reserve University. He also earned his Juris Doctor degree at CWRU in 1975. He is a member of the Delta Tau Delta social fraternity as well as the legal fraternity of Phi Delta Phi.
His practice is now concentrated in workers’ compensation, representing only injured workers. Attorney Bernard also accepts personal injury, wrongful death and estate administration matters. He has experience in many areas of the law which enables him to have a broad based understanding of his clients’ legal needs.
“I enjoy the challenge of representing the worker against the system,” says Bruce. “They have the wealth and power on their side. I like to level the playing field for my clients. I take personal pride and satisfaction when I can obtain an award for an injured worker who learns the hard way that the employer who once valued him or her now sees them only as ‘damaged goods.'”
Bruce has represented hundreds of injured workers. He has obtained numerous awards and settlements for his clients, and has also obtained substantial jury verdicts and non-jury awards.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1975
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 1975
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 1989
- United States Supreme Court, 1980
Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- Juris Doctor, 1975
Case Western Reserve University
- Bachelor of Arts. 1972
- Advanced Workers’ Compensation National Business Institute, 1991
- Foreclosure and Repossession in Pennsylvania National Business Institute, 1986
- Tanenbaum v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 401 A.2d 809 (Pa.Super. 1979)
- Kowal v. Com., Dept. of Transp., 515 A.2d 116 (Pa.Cmwlth. 1986)
- Noyes v. Cooper, 579 A.2d 407 (Pa.Super. 1990)
- Snyder v. Queen Cutlery Co., 516 A.2d 71 (Pa.Super. 1986)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Erie County Bar Association, Chairman, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, 1981
- Erie County Bar Association, Chairman, Civil Rules Committee, 1997 – 1998
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member, 1980 – 1983
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, Trial Practice Committee, 1980 – 1983
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice