Other Types of Auto Accidents

Drunk Driving Accidents

Drunk driving accidents are tragic. Although they are entirely preventable, over 10,000 alcohol-related crashes occur in Pennsylvania every year. The results of these crashes can be disastrous. You or a loved one can be badly injured or even killed because someone decided they didn’t think to call a taxi.

Our Erie, PA drunk driving accident lawyers know how to investigate drunk driving claims to ensure the drunk driver and their insurance company doesn’t get off easy. If the drunk driver is convicted of a DUI or accepts ARD, you aren’t bound by your “limited tort” election and can be compensated for your pain and suffering even if you have “limited tort” insurance.

To learn more about claims against drunk drivers and the bars that served them, see our article on Dram Shop Actions.

Hit-and-run Accidents and Uninsured Drivers

Can I make a claim if I don’t know who hit me or if the person that hit me didn’t have insurance?

In Pennsylvania, hit-and-run accidents and accidents caused by uninsured drivers are more common than you might think. While the reasons for a suspect fleeing the scene or not carrying insurance are numerous, you might not be out of luck just yet. Make a police report immediately and hire a lawyer. If you were injured in a hit-and-run accident, we will obtain and analyze your own insurance policy to determine if you can be compensated from your own “uninsured motorist” (UM) benefits. If you have UM coverage, we can go after your own insurance company as if it were the other driver’s.

Underinsured Drivers

If you were seriously injured in an accident, what do you do if the other driver’s insurance company tells you that the other driver only had a state-minimum policy and there won’t be enough money to compensate your for your injuries, medical bills, and lost wages? There still might be more money out there. Contact our firm immediately so that we can perform an asset and other insurance check on the other driver and even review your own insurance policy and try to make a claim against any underinsured motorist coverage (UIM) you might have.

Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents

Being hit when crossing the street or when riding your bicycle is catastrophic; when you’re hit on foot or on a bike by a several-thousand pound metal vehicle, there are no “minor accidents.” You need to contact an attorney immediately so that your rights can be protected from the insurance company, who will try to either blame you for the accident or convince you to accept less than your case is worth. In Pennsylvania, if you’re hit as a pedestrian or as a cyclist, you are never bound by “limited tort” insurance and are always entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. Our firm can help build your case and maximize your recovery.