Erie, PA Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
We’re the Workers’ Compensation Law Firm with Experience.
The Erie, PA Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at Bernard Stuczynski Barnett & Lager have been representing injured workers since 1985. Because we believe every worker should have equal access to a good workers’ compensation attorney, we do not charge a fee unless we get you a recovery and we always offer free consultations, even if you’re currently receiving workman’s comp and just have a few questions.
In Pennsylvania, if you’re hurt at work, you’re entitled to have your medical bills and lost wages paid by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company—not out of your own pocket or health insurance. Unfortunately, it’s often necessary to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer to get these benefits.
We’re Erie’s Workman’s Comp Lawyers. We fight when other lawyers won’t.
Call 814-452-6232 for a FREE Consultation! No recovery, no fee!
Advice From Your Trusted Workers’ Comp Lawyers:
- Report your work injury to your supervisor and file an incident report within 120 days.
- Receive the medical treatment you need, see a specialist if necessary, and document everything.
- For the first ninety (90) days, check your employer’s “panel” of physicians to see which specialists are available. With the help of a workers’ compensation lawyer, you can sometimes find a way around this “panel”.
- Review your pay-stubs to make sure the workers’ comp insurance company is paying you the fair rate.
- To find out how much your weekly benefits will be, check the PA Department of Labor and Industry’s chart under Rate Schedules.
- Do not:
- Quit your job.
- Try to “tough it out.” If necessary, go to the Emergency Room.
- Sign anything, including over-broad medical authorizations and “Supplemental Agreements.”
- Allow a Nurse Case Manager to attend your medical appointments.
- Give the insurance company any recorded statements.
- Let your boss “handle it outside insurance.”
- Try to represent yourself at a Workers’ Compensation hearing.
- Disclose pre-existing conditions without first speaking with a workman’s comp lawyer.
- Agree to settle your case without a free consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer.
Other reasons to contact a workers’ compensation lawyer:
- Your workers’ compensation claim is denied.
- The insurance company tries to stop your benefits.
- You’re receiving workers’ compensation benefits and the insurance company is sending you to an “independent medical examination.” They are likely trying to shut off your benefits or deny you treatment.
- The insurance company tries to send you back to work before you’re ready.
Think you’re being underpaid? You’re probably right. In Pennsylvania, Workers’ Compensation insurance companies frequently miscalculate your wage benefits. Our Erie, PA, Meadville, PA, and Smethport, PA workers’ compensation lawyers can file a petition with the court to correct your pay and see to it you’re awarded past-due benefits for underpayments.
What does it cost to hire an Erie, PA workers’ compensation lawyer?
Hiring an Erie, PA workers’ compensation attorney (or a Meadville, PA or Smethport, PA attorney) is cheaper than you probably expect. Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid a small portion of what we get for you. If you’re already receiving benefits from the insurance company, our firm does not take a portion of your benefits unless we go to court to defend your benefits, or if we negotiate a lump-sum settlement of your case. We even pay for all expenses in litigating your case, which can add up to thousands of dollars.
If you’re unsure, it’s free to give us a call and meet with us in person. We’re happy to answer your questions and help you figure out whether or not our firm is a good fit for you and your family.
What Do I Do After I’m Hurt at Work?
If you’ve been hurt at work, you need a workers’ compensation lawyer. If you can’t go back to your job, your and your family’s future is on the line.
If you’re in or around Erie, PA, including Meadville, call our office for a free consultation at 814-452-6232. If you’re in the Bradford, PA region, call our Smethport office at 814-887-6009. We’ll handle the rest.